The Dudley Canal Trust enjoys an enviable reputation in educational circles. It offers many themes related to the National Curriculum and higher educational courses. We also offer attractive discounts for groups of students and teachers.
We can offer a variety of boat trip options on both the open Canal and the Caverns and Dudley Tunnel with skipper guided narration to fit in with your teaching programme.
45 minute taking you on a 45 minute journey taking in over 420 million years of Black Country History giving a fascinating insight into what made our world what it is today, embracing geology, archaeology, engineering, sociology and economics.
|1.5 Hours||Trip to Waterfront area of Merry Hill on the Dudley Number 1 Canal through the deepest lock in the Black Country. Take a trip back into the industrial past of the Round Oak Steelworks before the area was transformed into the Shopping Centre.
|2 Hours||Dudley Canal Tunnel and Limestone Mines and through the Dudley Tunnel . Includes boat trip, environmental walk
|2.5 Hours||Blowers Green Pumphouse to Bumble Hole Conservation Area and return. A guide can be arranged with the conservation area to complete a guided walk. Include boat trip, guided walk|
Discounts and other benefits
For both education professionals and students, we offer significant benefits, including:-
• Group Discounts – for parties of 20 students or more
• Free entry for 2 teachers with every 20 students
• Free coach parking
• Free preliminary/exploratory visits for teachers
• Qualified First Aid professionals on site
• MCA Registered Boat Skipper
• Risk Assessments available
• Free admission and refreshment voucher for coach drivers
• Catering and Refreshment facilities, including a gift shop
View a timeline of the history of the tunnel here